Saturday 30 July 2016

Asam Laksa & Tong Sui @ Separk, Petaling Jaya

Let me take a break from blogging on my Hatyai-Penang trip~

Last weekend, both me and my husband went to IKEA Damansara to celebrate IKEA Turns 20'~ though is was fun and there are tons of people but it become pain when you want to dine in for a meal in IKEA restaurants. We was there for couple of hours to play games and then decided to leave IKEA for late lunch.

Decided what and where to have a quick lunch especially when you hungry is kinda make one depress. After getting my car, I decided to drive to Seapark and hope that the AIK Prawn Noodle is available. Too bad, by the time we reached around 2:30pm and they told us the prawn noodle is finish?! sold out?! Therefore, we had to settle down with their Asam Laksa.

Yes, is was a food truck~

AIK Prawn Noodle and Asam Laksa is located next to the market. They are super famous with prawn noodle and Asam Laksa and normally open from noon till sold out. If you go on weekend, that is the crowd from their open till sold out.

Up-close of the stall or food truck from inside

As written in the truck, they are open from 12pm till 5pm, but trust me, they probably sold out before that. Besides, they closed on Monday. Well it make sense, since the market also closed on every Monday too.

Asam Laksa - RM6.00 (small)

A small bowl of Asam Laksa cost RM6.00, cheap or reasonable? Personally, is was quite expensive if you ask me as we all know what are the ingredient normally served. The taste is not bad, and the broth or soup is so tasty which make me craving for more. As for the noodle was just so so, which I would expect it would be more tender and smooth.

After the quick lunch, thought of going back home due to the hot sun, but guess what, we found a newly open dessert restaurant, or I would rather refer to a snack or tea break shop. As we are curious to see people queuing for the fresh fried 'Youtiao' in mandarin or 'You Char Kway' in Cantonese. While passing the place, I wan eyeing since I saw they serve beancurb dessert, 'tou fu fah'.

Fried You Cha Kway and dessert Tou Fu Fah & Mak Chuk

I was too excited until forget to take picture of the shop. Well, I am still hungry even after the Asam Laksa. I had choose a plain 'you cha kway' and a another sweet type of 'you cha kway'. As for the dessert or 'tong sui', I had the beancurb with brown sugar and my husband go for 'Mak Chuk' or sweeten wheat porridge. The dessert is not bad but a little too sweet for us. If I not mistaken the total bill come out to be around RM 8.00+/- 

The small eatery shop named, Yuen Ting Cafe. Besides, they did serve several dessert and few common Chinese fried dough, They also have economy noodle and others sides. The small shop is located opposite the market before towards Seapark famous Pasembur and Cendol. It was super easy to located where they directly opposite the wet market.   

No comments:

Post a Comment