Tuesday 2 October 2012

Cendol Bakar @ Kuala Selangor

Last weekend, we had decided to Bukit Melawati @ Kuala Selangor. The journey take about an hour, so is kinda boring sitting on the car and looking around the view of Highway, Trees and Sky. Suddenly, the sentences of word catch my eyes and it written; 'Cendol Bakar Drive-Thru'. It really an eyes catching with the sign and more surprise me more is the queue and popularity if this place. Somehow we turn back and joining the queue of the drive-thru, however after 5 minutes and the queue not moving and we decided to park our car and enjoy the cendol.



As seen, the queue is super long for either drive-thru or dinning there. I had queued for around 25 minute standing and getting hungry as I just had light lunch, since we planning to have seafood dinner there. However, after looking at the Nasi Lemak there, is really tempting me as it wrap in banana leaves and is only RM2.50 therefore, I decided to try the 'Nasi Lemak Sotong'. 



I had ordered the Cendol VIP and Cendol Tapai, since that is the only items available from the menu.
Our total bill end up is RM9.80 for 2 Nasi Lemak (Sotong & Ayam) and 2 Cendol. I was serve by a very young small boy and he a bit slow, can see that he is either just helping his family or part time school boy hired by the owner.



Since the place is full with people, we quickly grab a sit and start eating. Half way eating then I just realise they forget to give me CENDOL, in both cendol we had ordered. Haiz... Kinda disappointed, since the queue is so long and the staff are all too busy, so we don't bother to complain. However, I like the Nasi Lemak, it taste nice and not too spicy too. The serving is quite big with lots squid, for the price we are paying it worth.

Nasi Lemak Ayam
 
Nasi Lemak Sotong
 
The squid might not able to see from the picture, but believe me, it quite a lots and the only thing are bad about the nasi lemak is not hot. If they can serve it hot, I think it would been perfect! Anyway, the Cendol I find it nothing special (nothing burn also) and I think don't mind to try again if I pass by there on the weekday which with less people and definitely Not Weekend!!!  


1 comment: