Saturday 1 August 2015

Damansara Uptown Hokkien Mee @ Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya

Hokkien Mee is always been my favorite since I am kids. This dish is a very popular dish in KL even there are few good and famous restaurant or stall selling Hokkien Mee in KL. Some of the place even offer charcoal Hokkien Mee. Besides Hokkien Mee, sometimes I do craving for Loh Mee, and I don't know since when the Loh Mee had become my favourite instead of Hokkien Mee. I know there are few version of Loh Mee depend where you from, I like my Loh Mee that using big yellow noodles which the same noodle they use to fried Hokkien Mee. If you thinking the Penang or Singapore Loh Mee, I can tell you that this is totally different.

This restaurant had been in uptown since long ago when I first try their noodle I think should be somewhere 7 years ago. This place is still crowd at night especially dinner time, either weekend or weekday. So if you would like to drop by here for dinner, you might want to come as early as 5pm or 6pm.

Fried Rice for 1 pax - RM8.50

The fried rice as shown above, the taste is just so-so. I feel like it was slightly oily and the serving is not as big as expected, really just enough for 1 person. The ingredient is just simple and I only found 2 or 3 prawn inside. Nothing much to praise about. 

Loh Mee for 1 pax - RM8.50

This Loh Mee is totally, way under my expectation. When the noodle arrive, I was surprise and the first question prompt in my head is how come the white in colour? I even ask the staff to verify and they told me this is Loh Mee, and even hand me the vinegar. Once the first impression had kill my mood, I can tell you everything been sucks till the end. The noodle is just normal, the soup is tasteless and watery. Is a total failed for me and I don't understand how can they be famous?! may be is their Hokkien Mee alone is the best and which make them famous?!

The Restaurant Signboard

Their service is fast as there have lots of worker, and they even order using a smart-tablet, how advance. Our food is actually arrive faster than the drinks. Both me and my husband ordered Herbal Tea at RM2.00 each. The total bill come at RM22.25 inclusive of 6% GST at RM1.26 for our meal. I don't think I will be going back again. What a disappointed experience, and if compare with the first time I had my meal here, I would say it totally getting worst.  

However, my husband told me that they had a branch in Kota Damansara and the taste is much better than this. With the price that we are paying and overrated food, I definitely rather try others restaurant around Damansara Uptown which also offer Hokkien Mee as their signature dish as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment