Sunday 18 October 2015

Dim Sum Kitchen @ Damansara Utama/Uptown Damansra

It seem like it had been a habit of mine to indulgence myself with dim sum during the weekend. Understood that not many place offer dim sum nearby damansara, except the famous Jin Xuan  restaurant which there had several branch and it was really pack with people every weekend morning.   Damansara Utama or I love to called it uptown which I remember during my university days, where use to hang out here and they even had the night market almost everyday. How I miss this place once upon the time?

Since I decided to try something new, therefore I wouldn't go for Jin Xuan restaurant for the dim sum, after making a round at uptown Damansara, we decided to dine in here - Dim Sum kitchen. Firstly, we are lucky to get a parking may be around 50 meters from the shop. Trust me, you will not even think of getting a parking here during the weekday, even no chance for one to double park too. At first I was quite surprise as there are not many people, but since I had decided, so let get sitted and start the indulgences.

Fish Ball - RM3.40

The fish ball is ridiculous small and disappointing. This is the fish time I saw such dim sum which had kill my appetite. Don't ask about the taste, it totally not worth to try at all. I also ordered, prawn dumpling (RM4.80),beancurd prawn roll (RM3.80), fried prawn roll (RM3.40) and stir fried carrot cake (RM4.50).

Stir Fried Carrot Cake - RM4.50

I would like to say that only the stir fried carrot cake is up to standard and it do taste nice. This is the only highlight of my dim sum breakfast for the day. Others, I am sorry to say that, it was way below my expectation and I am not border to take anymore picture of the food.

Overall, the bill come to RM21.80 which include of a pot of tea at RM1.50/pax. I understand one shouldn't have such a high expectations , however, I wish they could improve their Dim Sum. Lastly, all the review is based on my own opinion and experience at that point of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly the food was good. Secondly, just like your English, your taste is bad and unrealible. The business has now closed, it was one of my favourite restaurant with the nicest customer service. Kudos to you and your creditless opinion on posting false news in the media which potentially caused family owned businesses to do poorly. Stop blogging and get your taste buds checked cause I'm sure that would do more good for the world.

    ReplyDelete