Tuesday 2 January 2018

5D 4N @ Sitiawan & Pulau Pangkor Trip - Day 1

Happy New Year 2018~

This will be my first entry of the year 2018, therefore I would like to post about my recent last minute trip which suggest by my husband in conjunction of our wedding anniversary. Hahahaha~ Honestly speaking about this is our first time to Pangkor Island, I was quite surprise that he never been there?! Let cut the story short ok, let go!!~

As I waking up quite late and preparing for the last minute trip, therefore, we had our brunch before start our journey. We had brunch at Damanasara Uptown, around 10:30am, and we are lucky to find a parking which directly in front of this shop called Wan Xiang Noodles. Since we do not have anything particular to eat therefore, LET TRY~

Mix Pork Noodle Soup - RM9.00

This place is famous  with Kolok Mee, which is from Kuching, Sarawak. Since I am not a fan of Kolok mee, I took the Mix Pork Mihun Noodle soup, as you can see the pork portion is quite generous till I can see my noodles. The pork slice and others pork intestine is cook till perfection. I think maybe that I am too hungry which I finish the whole bowl of noodle in less than 10 minutes. The bill come to RM18.80 for 2 bowls of noodle and 2 glasses of water. is it expensive? I shall let you decide~ 

After brunch, we started to pack and plan our journey. Checking the highway traffic, weather condition, vehicle condition and etc. We leave to hit the road around 1:30pm. Since we started our journey quite late, therefore we decided to stay one night at Sitiawan, Perak. After an hour drive, we stop by Starbucks at R&R Rawang.

Lunch set - RM15.00 

after a break, we continue hit the road, as shown in Waze the traffic is quite slowing moving. Well, since is a school holiday, is as expected. The traffic build up after Slim River. We followed the Waze direction to exit via Gopeng.

Gopeng Sign

When we pass by Kellie's Castle is around 3:30pm, it was so hot and sunny day. I would rather skip the visit as I been to castle once and is nothing inside besides I don't like when the place is so crowded with peoples. 

Pass by Kellie Castle 

We reached Sitiawan, Perak around 4:30pm and check-in to the hotel to have a rest first. I forget to take a picture of the Hotel and the room since we are too tired from the journey. The hotel we check-in is Hi-star hotel, which is quite new and just directly opposite of Econsave. I book the through Expedia website and it cost around RM65 per room / night. Quite affordable right? 

Around 7pm, I was quite hungry since I only had noodle for brunch. After going through where and what to have dinner, I had decided to try Amu Coconut Villa Seafood Restaurant, which located at kampung cina. It  only took us around 15 minute drive from our hotel.

Red Wine Mee Suah (rice noodle) 

Coconut and Fried Potato Leaves 

Oyster Omelet and steam Sting Ray Nyonya Style 

Well, since only 2 of us eating and honestly this restaurant no menu and they just tell you what they have and what available only. Based on the recommendation therefore, I had ordered the above menu. Overall, the food is just OK and I was quite surprise as this is my first time having steam Stingray. I was expected them to grilled or maybe fried the fish before cook with the sauces?! We also ordered 2 coconuts and 1 white rice, the billed come up to RM57.00 for the meal. 

After dinner, we went to the nearby outdoor Bazaar at Aeon Mall Sri Manjung for a walk.
That end my first day trip in Sitiawan, Perak, and the next day, we will be traveling to Pangkor Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment