Sunday 10 May 2015

Fu Lai Dim Sum Restaurant @ Bandar Menjalara, Kepong

Looking for breakfast on Sunday morning?
Sunday is always the slow and lazy day for me. When thing go slow, there is where you can really enjoy your life to fullest~ That would be the quality of life.

Dim Sum is normally taken for breakfast but nowadays, you can enjoy dim sum at almost anytime of the day. I heard of this famous and old dim sum shop in Bandar Menjalara from one of my friend who stay in Kepong. At first, when I reach there at 2pm, I am quite worry if they are close for the day but despite I see more people coming in and this corner shop restaurant is running full house?! I am impressed. The service is quite fast since they really have lots of staff, the dim sum serve upon I seated down.

  Porridge

While waiting for my friend to join me for lunch, I ordered porridge as a start. The porridge really start my day as it was smooth and really satisfying. I also order 2 plates of dim sum;


Sorry, I can't remember the name of the dim sum and since my Chinese is bad and that why I just pointed at the plate which I think it will taste good and also it look nice. I like the steam dim sum better compare with the fried one but both taste no bad and I finish both plates by myself. 

My friend and I continue order more dim sum;



I like the dim sum with the prawn and fish meat especially the steam dumpling. The bacon roll taste nice too and trust me one is never have enough. As for the fried carrot cake, we have to wait around 10 minutes and isn't it a bit oily and the taste? normal lor and lucky the skin is crispy even though it look oily. 
My friend keep highlight to me, they are famous with pau and she ordered;

Char Siew Pau

I know, the pau do look is a bit disappointing but if you see it closely there some sauce falling out from the pau and the smell do give out a nice aroma. I had to agree that the Char Siew Pau we had is tasty and juicy and the filling of char siew not too sweet or salty. Good Job!

There also some cold dishes or dim sum which attract my attention earlier. However, since I am getting full, so we only order 2 cold dim sum to try;

Baby Squid 

Jelly fish

This is the first time I had cold dim sum. Something different and refreshing. I am quite enjoy the both baby squid and jelly fish. Both taste nice and give me a feeling like having Japanese food instead.

I have no idea how much for each dim sum I ordered, but here the summary: 1 plate of RM2.50, 2 plates of RM4.20, 1 plate of RM4.40, 2 plates of RM5.00 and 3 plates of RM5.50. Also, we had ordered a pot of tea which cost RM3.50. The total bill come out to be RM48.00, inclusive of RM2.72 for the GST.   

No comments:

Post a Comment