Friday 15 May 2015

Pan Mee @ Taman Bukit Maluri Hawker Stall

Nowadays, I been keep on wondering aournd Kepong or northern KL.
This time I found this Pan Mee Hawker Stall (no idea what is the original name) in Taman Bukit Maluri which I would classified it is not a normal hawker stall. There are the only one that stand out so much among the rest and is super pack during the dinner or supper. This hawker stall located nearby Taman Bukit Maluri Market - exact place? Opposite a car service center at Jalan Burung Bebarau.

Why is not normal? See...

Double Story Hawker Stall?!

From what I remember, I did pass by this place before where there are only Single Story and 2 shop lots. But now, is duno how many shop lots and there even have it upstairs? Impressive!!! Then I can imaging the crowd of customer and how many of their staff around to run this hawker stall?

Pan Mee (hand torn style) - RM5.50 / bowl  

 Pan Mee (big flat noodle) - RM5.50 / bowl  

Let talk about the taste, the noodle for the hand make is taste better which the fresh and thin layer of the noodle is smooth and tender. Compare with the flat noodle that I had, is a bit raw when it serve, therefore, I let it soak in the hot soup bit longer. I personally like the noodle slightly overcook that why I prefer the soup type than the dry one. I saw some customer add on pork noodle for their Pan Mee. Beside Pan Mee stall also serve, Yee Mee, Curry Mee, Mihun, Kuey Tiew and both dry or soup type. If you look closely at the right of the shop, they are still using an old steel flatten noodle maker which I found it quite interesting.

Yong Tou Foo is available for Add-on 

The Yong Tou Foo is nothing special, but I personally like the fried beancurd (left) which it taste sweet and crispy. Others, is Fried Wan-Ton, Fried Dumpling and a piece of fried egg plant. Total of 4 pieces of Yong Tou Foo and cost me RM6.80. That is rather expensive, right?

Right - Chili Sauce for the Pan Mee 
Left - Chili Sauce for the Fried Yong Tou Foo 

As you can see from the picture, please don't expect much on the sauces. Pan Mee chille sauce is so-so, I would prefer it to be thicker type. Yong Tou Foo's chili is just a normal chili sauce.

For drink, sorry I didn't take any picture since we just order a herbal tea - RM1.50 and Chinese ice tea - RM0.50. Therefore, the total for the meal is RM19.80 and no worry, they don't charge GST. If you nearby Kepong area, no harm giving a try on their noodle but if you ask me I will not try to go the Yong Tou Foo, expensive ler~ I still can't believe it and still wondering how much each piece cost?!  

2 comments:

  1. I'll make a pass for the fried wanton and fried dumpling.. looks abit too dry.. but might want to try my favourite egg plant though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will like the fried tou foo too~

    ReplyDelete