Saturday 3 October 2015

Crayfish Party 2015 @ Ikea Restaurant

Staying nearby IKEA make me can't miss any food promotion form Ikea Restaurant.
I had mark my calendar on 14/08/2015, Friday to attend the Crayfish Party or I would say is another buffet offer by Ikea Restaurant. Since I did not purchase the ticket in advance, I actually quite worry if they are sold out but since I had learn from my previous experience on the Mid Summer Buffet, therefore I choose the first session which start at 5:30pm till 7:30pm instead the second session start at 8pm.


Sticker for the buffet entrance 

I reach around 5:30pm and it had started, so without delay I went to purchase the ticket at RM35.00 per pax and we are also given RM10.00 cash voucher to shopping at Ikea. Out of curiosity I went to the serving place and look for Crayfish. Wow, is really prawn with big craw. Wondering how to eat, after taking a full plate of food then I walk slowly to get a sit while looking at how other customer enjoying the crayfish.

Fresh Water CrayFish

'I look so fresh or so life?!'

well, since is my first time to have this and I really don't have any expectation towards this big hard shell prawn. The only part that eatable is the body, the head and shell are all discard so only left a small chunk of meat. Feel wasted right? I really wanted to try to tear open the craw but is useless and somehow I feel is empty. Besides, crayfish, there are also other side dish such as below;

Crayfish Party Menu

Crayfish
  • Green salad, Cucumber salad, Hardboiled eggs with mayo and shrimp
  • Shell on prawns
Breads
  • Ikea Crispbread & Crisprolls
  • Thin bread
Warm Dish
  • Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes and Lingonberries 
Dessert
  • Assorted cake and cookies
  • Almond cake
Beverages
  • Soft drink
  • Hot Beverage (coffee/tea)
The variety is not much but the main is the 'Shell on Prawns' - crayfish which I still think is a catch.
The crayfish is fresh and tasty either you may eat straight or dip in any sauce is perfect. I had mine dip in the mustard sauce with lingonberries, yum yum~

Hello~

Looking at the crayfish head did remind me of the 'Sebastian' from the Little Mermaid story. It make me think are you mini lobster? or maybe the 'Sebastian' is a crayfish instead of lobster? Hahaha~ I am sorry as I know is very rude to play with the food but... only this one, k?

Overall, I did enjoy dinning in Ikea restaurant and besides the crayfish, my all time favorite is the Meatball and Almond cake, which is they signature and almost all the table having this 2 dishes without failed. I just hope they could remain the same price for next year so I can try again such a rare 'fish'~ cheers!!!



  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment