Saturday 17 October 2015

Nasi Kandar Salam @ Damansara Perdana

This is my first time reviewing a so called 'Mamak Restaurant', if you are Malaysian and PJ-rang, I am sure you will know the most famous restaurant like Kayu Nasi Kandar or Syed. There are lots of Mamak stall or restaurant around KL or PJ and it always crowded, why? Because it was always the best place for youngster to hang-out and is reasonably affordable or  it suppose to be cheap when I was a kid. I seldom go for a meal in Mamak restaurant if I have a choice because I am not a Nasi  Kandar fans or I find their food is quite oily... (Scare fat lor)

If you seriously looking for dinner at Damansara Perdana on Sunday night, I will wish you good luck which most of the shop is close and the variety is very limited if you reach there after 8pm. Both me and my husband was attract by the newly open Nasi Kandar Salam which newly open with the big signboard which I don't think anyone will miss it. There are not much crowded when I reach around 8pm and we are easily get a sit and I saw they even giving free WiFi, this is definitely a hangout place.

Soup Kambing - RM6.50

Whenever I went to a Mamak restaurant or stall, the first question I would ask if they offer mutton soup. It always been my favorite since when I was kid. Some of the place did not serve the bread with the soup but this one does. It reminds me of the mutton soup I had during my Penang trip. 

Soup Kambing or Mutton Soup

Well, I really enjoy the soup which the spice and the mutton is so tender. The soup is really thick and creamy but luckily is not salty. It really one of the best so far I had since I move to Petaling Jaya area. Also, I have to agree, it do taste nice to dip the bread inside the soup.  

Nasi Goreng Kambing - RM8.00

Mutton or Kambing in Bahasa Malaysia, which had always been our favorite. My husband order this fried rice with mutton and can said it didn't look very presentable but the taste is superb. The most surprise me was the mutton is so tender and it didn't taste hard or dry. The fried rice might be slightly expensive for a dinner however, it had become our recommended dish where I seriously think it taste better than others Mamak Restaurant in PJ.  

Roti Telur Bawang - RM2.20

Since I never expected the mutton soup come with the bread therefore, I had order my usual Roti Telur Bawang or is a type of Prata with egg and onion. I usually had this or Roti Canai for my breakfast during my younger days which really make me fat as today. LOL~ if you ask me the to rate this Prata, I would say nothing special and it didn't even up to my standard, therefore, I will skip this for my next visit.

As for drink, I had Limau Ais/Lime with ice and my husband having his usual Teh Tarik, which both our drinks come to RM3.00. The total cost of the meal is RM20.90 inclusive of GST at RM1.20. Overall, the place had a good ambiance and there are more people hang-out at this place after 9pm either for supper or hang-out till late, since this restaurant is operating 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment