Thursday 23 April 2015

Soup Restaurant @ One Utama

Whenever is raining day, I will be start craving for soup. Not just any soup but is Traditional Chinese Soup which is hot with aroma. I use to have visit the Soup Restaurant in Singapore and believe me their are super popular in Singapore where you need to queue especially during weekend and dinner time. Recently, I found this Soup Restaurant in One Utama, and I think they had another one in Jaya 33. Since my mother came to visit me from Singapore by bus and so coincidence the bus stop at Terminal Bandar Utama therefore, we decided to give a try at the Soup Restaurant here.

Let see what we had order:

Samsui Chicken - RM42.30

Samsui Chicken is their signature or must have dish if you visit this restaurant. The chicken is ok but cold and the ginger is a bit too oily and what I think it really spoil is the plastic spoon there?! how come a fine dinning Chinese restaurant serving with plastic spoon? 

Iceberg lettuce - come with the chicken

Lettuce is come with the chicken which you use it to wrap the chicken. The lettuce is very fresh and crunchy too. May be the chicken is too salty and oily for us therefore, is not even enough though.

Traditional Boiled Soup of the day - RM10.50

Well, I would like to say nothing special about the soup since is just a normal Lotus roots with peanut soup. I am glad that I ordered this, at least something warm for my meal. 

 Braised Peanuts - Starter

Claypot Eggplant with Salted Fish - RM18.95

Well, among all I think this will be the best dish. May be due to I like eggplant that why I personally think this dish is among the best of all. The eggplant is not overcook and it tender but I really didn't realise that is any salted fish though.

The Cutlery 

 The environment - Bamboo Tree

Cozy Environment 

Besides, we had order 3 plain rice for RM7.05, one Chinese tea RM2.35, two plain water for RM2.10 and since the implement of GST therefore the service charge is RM7.83 + GST of 6% for service charge which is RM0.47. For a meal for 3 pax which cost is RM91.55, I think is slightly expensive and disappointing for the quality of food here is not as good as the one in Singapore. Even though they charge for Service Charge but still I have to walk to the counter to make payment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment