Tuesday 30 June 2015

Aroi Thai Boat Noodle & Street Food @ Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya

Again, I am writing a review regarding Thai Food, which had always been my favorite. How possible I will miss it, especially when you found something good and cheap to share.

Actually, I just come across this restaurant after a movie at the Strand, Kota Damansara with my husband. Since it had long pass the dinner time, and we don't want to continue to stay in the Strand due to the air cond is too cold and I am freezing. Therefore, we go across the road  and to my surprise we found this Aroi Thai Boat Noodle & Street Food. The restaurant do remind me of the popular Thai Boat Noodle which I had recently at Empire Damansara.

I believe this restaurant is HALAL since the waiter and cashier are all Malay. Let see what I had;

First 6 dishes I ordered

Lemongrass drink & Thai ice tea

Well, as you may seen the portion is not as big as expected. However, I like it where they had lots of variety for the reasonable price. Oh ya! had I mentions about the price yet? All items is at RM1.90 each. Cheap right? how are you going to resist it and is like a food sampler with such a low price.

Stir Fried Kangkung

Thai Style Omelet with Rice

Tom Yum Glass Noodle 

Beef Glass Noodle Soup

Green Papaya Salad

Green Curry Chicken Rice

Well, the portion is quite small but with the price we are paying I think is worth. Besides, value for money, I like it there due to they had much more variety to offer, however, please don't put such high expectation on the food. Ok?
The food taste quite common, is like most of the food is pre-cook and serve when you order. I personally like the lemongrass drink which I found it quite refreshing, beef noodle soup and Green curry chicken rice. Others dishes is acceptable and for the green papaya salad, I think they are not freshly make therefore is a bit soft or over soaked with the sauce. 
If you ask me if I had enough of the food there? Sure not... I am just about full so here the add-on order and dessert;

Thai Fish Cake

Coconut Curd

I like the fish cake, and it do taste nice. Even though I had to wait for quite a while but worth it. As for the Jelly or coconut curd, it do taste like Pandan coconut or water with coconut. I like this both last dishes as well. While waiting for the fish cake to be serve, my husband ordered another glass of refreshing Lemongrass drink. 

The interior inside the restaurant

The restaurant is simple and since there is not much crowd at that time, we do feel cozy. With every dishes only cause us RM1.90 each, the bill come out at RM22.80 and what is the best thing about this, there are no service charge and no GST!!! Bravo~ Such an affordable and cozy meal we had.
I am sure will go back to try others dish in the menu again!

1 comment:

  1. You can then narrow down the list based on cuisine, budget and other restaurant features like vegetarian, halal, organic, accept online payments, etc, . food delivery kota damansara

    ReplyDelete