Saturday 9 May 2015

MENG MENG ROASTED DUCK @ Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru

I had staying in Johor Bahru for quite sometime and trust me, I am not sure why I had no idea of this famous roast duck restaurant which is just around the corner. I came across this restaurant at TripAdvisor. Do you believe it? hahahahaha~

Without second thought, my husband and I just drove there for dinner and luckily the place is not pack and crowded as it claims. Maybe, is on the weekday night therefore, there are still roast duck, roast pork and char siew left. I love duck and my husband like pork so...

Roasted Duck and Pork (single pax) - RM9.80

Ta da! we have both Emperor Duck and half-fat Roast Pork. I like the roasted duck, may be it do taste like herbal duck and for the pork, surprisingly is not bad either. The skin is slightly crispy and the meat is so tender inside. Well, my first impression when I saw the roast pork hanging in the counter is meat look so dry.

Stir-Fried Bean Seedings - RM9.80

Nothing special about this vegetable and the taste is just normal but the price is slightly expensive. I think it will taste nicer if they put more garlic instead of the sliced dried mushroom. 

Jin-Sheng Tonic Chicken Soup - RM8.00

Without fail, we always try to have soup for dinner. The soup do taste nice and trust me is not as oily as the picture. The serving of the soup is not even enough for both of us.

2 dishes and 1 soup 

By the way, as seen in the picture, another thing I will highlight is the sweet sauce for the duck. I really like it and even pour some in my white rice. For rice there are 2 options either you want the oil rice or white rice and both is charge on the same price - RM1.50 per bowl. For drink we just have hot Chinese tea which cost us RM0.60 per glass.

The total bill come to RM33.70 inclusive of 6 % GST. When I receive the receipt, I just realise the bill are having the Meng Meng Roast Duck logo but written there Restoran Ta Chong? Anyway, I do like to try their char siew next time. As comment from my mother, she mentions the food there is over price, so we can't have it often. Hahaha~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment