Friday 8 May 2015

SUSHI MENTAI @ Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru

Where do you bring your mum to celebrate Mother's Day?

This question always prompt out when the day getting nearer and nearer. Still wondering and have no idea where to bring my beloved mum? Well, good things, my mother love Japanese Food, especially sushi. There are lots of Japanese restaurant in Johor Bahru especially in this place called Taman Mount Asutin, Johor Bahru. I think there are easily 4 to 5 Japanese restaurant, from simple, classic to fine dinning Japanese food, all located around here.

What would be my choice? If you ask me, I would prefer simple and not too pricey sushi. Sushi Mentai - Mount Austin, I remember I saw this restaurant somewhere before at Bandar Manjalara, Kepong. The best thing about this Sushi Mentai, their sushi price range is either RM1.80 (orange plate) or RM2.80 (red plate). Their also have others dish from their wide range of menu, but as usual we like the to sit near the conveyor belt and looking at the fresh and variety sushi passing by.

Asari Miso Shiru - RM4.80

Chuka Kurage - RM4.80

 Chuka Wakame - RM4.80

With the price you are paying, I think is ok since it serve cold. Well, I personally like the clam miso soup which is so tasty and the clam is quite big and fresh. I wish to order the cawanmushi, however they seem to be lack of manpower therefore, the service is kinda slow. As for the sushi, we had order 7 plate of RM1.80 and 7 plate of RM2.80 as below;


         

            

Let me tell you, I  really can't remember all the sushi name I had eaten, but since I taken it from the conveyor belt so never border about the name. Most important we enjoy the food and my mother is happy with the food. I forget to take the picture of the Takayoki because we order it last and we had it while it still hot. How to resist?


 


I might left out some of the picture because we are enjoying our food slowly and having their refillable green tea which make us more relax + lazy perhaps? For the RM2.80 per plate, what else I can ask more? the food is fresh as we saw the chef is non-stop making it. Since they are short of chef, therefore the sushi available on the belt is very limited. We are waiting for every 15-20 minute for each  new type of sushi available on the belt.

On top of that we had refillable green tea at RM1.00 per pax. Overall, the bill come to RM57.85 inclusive of 10% service charge and 6% GST. If you are sushi lover, why not give it a try. With the reasonable price, fresh and variety, therefore, you will be expecting lots of people especially during weekend. 

Arigatou Gozaimasu~

No comments:

Post a Comment